Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wolverine

Wolverine

If you came to Barbarian then you saw the skulls and the cape made of animal hide. Paintings will be up at Barefoot thru Sept. Work by Pugnetti, Reiji, Kyle Pellet, Mike Martinez, Jimmy Lam, and Me.

I ran into Sean Boyles at the event and he showed me a sketchbook page he'd done of the Marvel roster and it moved me to tears. Here is a Wolverine from a few days back. I did it in my new base of operations: the Alamo Square hood of SF. I've got a great wood desk here that I am loving. You can see it creeping into the photo. I've got a Cyclops and Beast sitting on the drawing board too. But for now you just get Wolverine. This one is for all my kin. With love. You know exactly who you are.

***

Save the date: Saturday Sept 26th.
I'll be live painting in Golden Gate park for the Indy Arts Festival. Come out and watch me work a panel in the bright sun light.

***

Dance to this now in your room.
Lonnie Liston Smith: Expansions

No comments: