Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Links

Had a chance to visit Darren Waterston's shows last month. One opened at 49 Geary, the other down at Stanford's Cantor Museum. I'm always amazed by his ability to paint, and to do the things photography can't.
http://www.darrenwaterston.com/stanford.shtml

***

A few years back in Los Angeles, I had an invitation to see a friend perform in a small cafe show. I didn't recognize any of the names on the bill, so I wasn't expecting much. When the headliner, Kevin Sandbloom, started his set I was giddy.
Couldn't breathe through the whole set. Funky, acoustic and thoughtful. Beautiful harmonies. I've since been lucky enough to see him perform three times. If you live in Los Angeles go see what you are missing.

***

Last week I met Eric Taggart in his office. He has a great view of the Presidio right outside his window. We did an art trade, talked about hypnosis, and got wired up on coffee. I love how fragile and mysterious some of his pieces are.

***

How bad do I want to go to see this show:
Barron Storey's Journals at Society of Illustrator in NY

No comments: